OK, so you have Tableau licenses for your Creators, Explorers and your viewers.
You love having no limitations on the server capacity to serve your analytically minded users.
However, you are not able to easily charge back each BU. Having site level quotas you help you manage that. For now (as recent as 2019.1), Tableau doesn’t support Site level quotas.
Here is a working solution that you can use to administer the site user counts and quotas for now
Continue reading “Tableau – Site Level License Quotas”
So, you might have heard that we launched multiple table extract functionality in 2018.3
I wanted to share my experiences with the beta build so far. Who knows the actual build might make this experience even better 🙂
Continue reading “Multiple Table Extracts in Tableau”
- Do you have a problem with your tableau dashboards loading slowly?
- But, not sure where you start?
- What are the things I should try to optimize first?
Continue reading “Best Practices for Tableau Dashboard Performance”
Ok, you had a great time at TC18 and you just can’t stop raving about it with your co-workers, your co-workers want to learn too. But, they want to customize their experience and only watch relevant videos
Now, thanks to TC18 Custom Playlist creator, you can do that
filter the list to sessions you want to watch and you get a custom playlist
So, you wondering how your favorite player is doing this post-season.
Get your data thirst quenched with this dashboard.
Click on the link to launch the Tableau Viz (updated daily)
So, just like a lot of you, I was interested in looking at the data for the basketball players this NBA season.
Here’s a bit of a infographic for you (click on the image to launch tableau viz)
Ok, I have been meaning to run a few tests with actual data to see if Tableau join culling feature
- Whatever you can do in DB, do it in DB including performance optimizations. Tableau is great being able to overcome some of the DBA laziness (with features like Join culling) but it still won’t overcome everything
- You must know Join Culling doesn’t always work such as in scenarios like outer joins, etc. (if you need a list of those, there are other blogs that cover that)
- Now, also keep in mind that depending on how you build the Tableau model, you might get confused why it doesn’t always work even if it is all inner joins and even we have checked the “Assume Referential Integrity” dialog box
- You should also understand that the SQL generation is also affected by the the order in which you bring the tables into the Tableau model
Continue reading “Can I use Tableau join culling instead of referential keys on the database?”